Tuesday, September 16, 2014

eBay -- WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??


For the past month, a couple of subtle things have changed in my life. The life of a poker dealer is a maze of ups and downs. One day, you're on top of the world, making lots of money, then next day, you're struggling to make $20..it is the life of a poker dealer. So, in those slow times I've been figuring out ways to gain extra income to compensate those slow times in poker that inevitably comes.

I decided to re-open my eBay account. 16 years ago, I wrote a book and sold it exclusively on eBay. Sold it for $8.99 and made $500 a month selling this little book. The best part there was no overhead. Whenever someone bought my book, I would just email them a copy. Like I said, this was 16 years ago so Kindles, ibooks, iPads, and similar items didnt' exist, but somehow I was making a good side money.

Then of course I got married, got sidetracked, and didn't get back to it. In August, I remember entering the poker room on a Wednesday (I remember it vividly) and saw no one in the room except the poker dealers. I remember working for 2 hours, making 20 bucks and being forced out. I remember driving home thinking, I have to do something about this..So I decided to look into other sources of income -- A friend of wife's had a eBay business, and I thought I should do that again. That night, I went eBay and tried to find my old account, but apparently it was deleted. Turns out I created an account in 2011 but never really did anything about it.

So the question was what am I gonna sell? I scanned youtube and the ideas were plenty. A found a couple of videos about people purchasing stuff from garage/yards sales and flipping it on eBay for huge profits...I thought wow!! I could do this. Las Vegas is full of yards sales especially around my neighborhood. One morning I decided to drive around and see if I could find stuff to sell.

I came across this house with a group of teenagers having a fund-raiser. On this table I saw a bunch of Girls jeans, and lot of them were in great condition. I bought 4 of them for $2 each. I listed them on eBay...I sold one for $16 and another for $19,99...WOW!!! Needlessly to say, that got my mind churning. I started religiously watching any youtube video talking about buying stuff cheap and selling them on eBay. Come to find out there was people who do this full time, and I thought, "Damn, I could do this." So for the past month and a half I've been buying inventory and selling it on eBay. Doing my best to make this work.

Lately things have been going well, I sold 4 items in the past 3 days, and it's gotten me more exciting about trying to make this eBay thing work. For past 3 weeks, I've been searching the local thrift shops and garage sales trying to find those "treasures" that could make some money! The thrill of the treasure hunt give me the adrenaline rush I haven't had in a long time.

Everyday, I'm on youtube, reading blogs about people who've bought stuff at garage sale and rock bottom prices selling them for huge profits. It's inspirational! I absolutely love doing this!!!! I learn something new everyday and each day I try to incorporate what I learn to my eBay Account.

It's a great time!!! As I continue my journey to getting better eBay seller I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Anytime I find something I think is valuable I'll post it in my blog.


No comments: