Sunday, June 24, 2012

THAT'S A $35 TIP!

There is more good than bad in being a poker dealer. Unfortunately all you hear is the bad things a poker dealer does.

"Her burn and turn cost me 300 bucks"

"His river card cost me 1000 bucks."

Today I wanted to give you a short, and funny anecdote about a young man and his tip:

So I'm dealing a typical Ballys $1-$2 game when this hand came up...Young man, looking a young Leonardo DiCaprio, accented with a fedora similar to the one Michael Jackson wore in his "Smooth Criminal" video (Google it is you want to know what it looks like), goes all in for his last 85 bucks or so and gets called and wins the pot...I think he flopped a set of 9's. After tossing me a few bucks from the pot we had this dialogue,

"Thanks Dealer, I needed that. Do you smoke cigars?" The young man says.

"Not really, but I know a few people that due" I said.

"Here," the young man digs into his backpack and pull out this...


"Is that your business" I ask.

"Yeah, I sell Cigars and cigarettes in Florida..been doing it for a couple of years. Hey,  it's a $35 tip!" He smirks."

I laugh, take the cigar, "Thanks buddy."

Anyway, just something interesting that happens, which is cool since most of the time as a poker dealer and same thing and routine happen everyday!!

I'm really appreciative of this cigar, even though I don't smoke. I've never been tip anything other than chips before...I'm not sure what I'll do with it (I'm sure I have friends who wouldn't mind having it." I might just keep it as a souvenir as the most unique tip I ever got.

IF any of you smoke cigar and are interesting and checking out his guy's line of cigars and cigarettes, drop him a e-mail. I don't get a dime for advertising for him...just wanted to do it out of the goodness of my heart :)










No comments: