Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Thoughts and The Venetian Deep Stack

WOW!! is all I can say about last night's Superbowl. The Giants showed the heart of a champion. If anyone had ever doubts about Eli Manning's ability to lead before last night's games, all those doubts should be erased after that performance. The play in the 4th Quarter when he eluded 5 Patriots and threw it 30 yards to David Tyree will go down as one of the greatest plays in Superbowl history. My hats off to the Giants on their wonderful victory!!

As I write this I'm 3 1/2 hrs from the start of the first event of the Venetian Deep Stack poker Tournament. The buy in is $330, and I feel really good about my No Limit Play. I've cashed in 3 of the 6 online tournaments this year. I just have a focus. LAst year I only lasted 30 minutes, so I'm definately hoping for a better showing! It should be a huge tournament. I'm guessing 1st place will be around 30K.

I admit I've taken a semi-hiatus from poker the past two years with the birth of my daughter, but I've made a conscious effort to play more big live tournaments try to get about to the zone I was in back in 2004-2005. Hopefully, this will be the start of a good 2008 in my poker career.

No comments: