Thursday, April 24, 2014

THINKING OUTLOUD!


I saw this on the internet about two weeks ago and it got me thinking about my spiritual being:

I've had a lot on my mind lately -- my mind is always racing with different topics going in and out of my head. Many of these thoughts are fleeting to the point that sometimes I don't remember ever having them. Then there are thoughts that stick to the mind like a desperate fly trying to wiggle away from flypaper -- it becomes exhausting. I've spend nights laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to figure things out.  There are times at work where my mind wanders, and I'm staring at nothing in particular, with all these random thoughts shooting through my head. Sometimes I don't realize where I am or what I'm doing. It's the same when I'm driving home where I keep the radio off, and I get hypnotized by the highway - my mind races a mile a minute.  It takes a me a few seconds to gather my thoughts.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or anything...in fact, I'm very happy, but even the happiest person has an ounce of doubt about how they're lives have gone or is going to become. I'm 40, which is young by today's standards, so I've have plenty of time to pave the road I want to create -- to avoid the pitfalls of getting boggled down in the day and day grind that is my life.

Maybe I just need to think more outside the box, become a complex thinker, and maybe I won't have so many of these random thoughts racing through my mind.

No comments: