Thursday, February 2, 2012

P90X -- Days 3 and 4




Day 3 -- Shoulders and Back

I get up at 4:30AM for my workout. There's only one drawback to working out so early in the morning. It's the fact that its EARLY IN THE MORNING!!!! It takes me about 10 minutes to wipe the sleep from my eyes and to get the oxygen flowing through my body..then time flies by. I decided to workout in the morning because I have so much to do from 7:30AM to 10:00 AM (When I go to work), working out at 4:30 is the only time where I can do the workout uninterrupted. P90x workouts are an hour long, and I like to get into a rhythm. When I workout at night, I found too many interruptions mainly my daughter wanting to play...

Since I haven't workout in a while, I decided to go really slow with 8-10 reps of 20LBs weights..There's no sense in trying to be a macho man and lift beyond what my body is capable of. Losing weight is not a sprint, it's a marathon. If you take your time to do everything properly, the results will come (As it as in my past P90x sessions)

Day 4 -- Yoga

Yoga Yoga Yoga!!!!!

You're pretty much stretching and twisting your body for an hour and a half...it sounds easy, but I'm gonna tell you it's the HARDEST Routine in the ENTIRE P90x system!! But I feel Yoga may be the more important cause it's helped with my balance, flexibility, and when you're focused it does calm your mind...I LOVE IT!!!

MY DIET

I've pretty much stuck to the high-protein/Low Carb foods...lots of egg white omelets, a protein drink, protein bars, Fish, Chicken, lots of fruits and lots of vegetables...There are times when I feel hungry, but I'm able to curb my hunger by popping a handful of almonds. I've pretty much kept my calorie count at below 2000....

I think my body is still getting used to eating right, because I've been eating crap food for so long. It's a process..just go to continue with the program and the results will follow:

I started the program weighing 228LB (gaining 19 pounds since I last focused on the program)...Right now I was 220.4 LBs. This happened during my first P90x session a year and a half ago..it'll level off as I go through the program..I'm happy losing 1-3 LBS a week..if I do, I'll be on the road to a new body..









No comments: