Thursday, March 1, 2018

MY 4683rd DAY AS A POKER DEALER WENT LIKE THIS...

Worked: 6.5 Hours

Days like today usual happen everyday but since this is the first blog post, I'll treat it as if it never happens...


Today, it was all about not letting the inmates run the asylum.

Action on the flop, player made a little gesture with his finger, then bet...Couple of players questioned where the finger gesture was a check...I said no. The players insisted it was a check, "Are you going to let him bet?" I said, "Yes, the player did not check." Two players questioned but I stood my ground..No it's not a check, I'm going to let the bet stand. As a poker dealer, you have to stand by your decision and don't back down. Sometimes players, especially if they have strong personalities will bully the dealers into decisions that benefit the players rather than the integrity of the game. I'm very good about not being bullied by these players. If it means I don't get tipped, so be it, but as the referee (So to speak) of a poker game, my job is the protect the integrity of the game. If I don't then the inmates run the asylum. A Good Dealer will never let that happened.

Next two days off...then back at it on Sunday...





No comments: